Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
KanBan like behaviour
#1
I am trying to figure out a way to implement a kanban like control where I have columns of items that I can drag from one column to next.  Is there a general way to accomplish this with any known IW components?

- Lou
Reply
#2
You mean you want to create a kanban board on the web? It's a challenging UI even if you were building a VCL application, but it certainly can be done.

Are you only moving the cards around from column to column? Editing the card contents?
Reply
#3
(Yesterday, 07:38 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: You mean you want to create a kanban board on the web? It's a challenging UI even if you were building a VCL application, but it certainly can be done.

Are you only moving the cards around from column to column? Editing the card contents?

I would move the cards. Editing would be done using a form and not directly on he card.  ITs basically a interface that has deals and columns move it along in status.

Columns would  for example (see idea screenshot)

Lead      Qualified      Proposal     Negotiation        Won   Lost

Cars in columns

Perhaps a Grid could do this.... for now, just no drag and drop for the moment....


Its something I would like to have, but I  may leave it out.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#4
Let me see if I can find some working example....
Reply
#5
Photo 
(09-29-2026, 06:54 PM)lfeliz Wrote: I am trying to figure out a way to implement a kanban like control where I have columns of items that I can drag from one column to next.  Is there a general way to accomplish this with any known IW components?

- Lou


You could use TIWCanvas or a raw HTML5 Canvas to draw what you need on a form.  Below is an equipment floor map designer with selectable, moveable objects controlled by a TIWForm and database driven.  The JS is updated using AddBodyScript.



[Image: Canvas.gif]

Regards,
Mark
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)