Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intraweb and Honeywell CT45 handhels
(07-19-2024, 11:50 PM)FAlvarado Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 11:09 AM)jeroen.rottink Wrote: Hi Francisco,

I use several Honeywell CT60 XP handhelds in a IntraWeb project. Using the barcode scanner, taking photo's and printing barcodes. All in an Intraweb app. The printing is done via the IntraWeb service in the backend. So it's just using the standard print using Windows and in my case ReportBuilder. The user can also request output via pdf that is stored or viewed on the handheld. Not sure what you mean with 'can interface with the browser printers'.
The CT60 is just a Android device with internet browser.
Thank you, Jeroen!
But is there a way to use a default printer instead of the user having to select one printer?
Also, are you using some APIs from HW to call the barcode scanner in the handheld?

I'll suggest to my client to upgrade to the newer model CT60 XP in case the model CT45 are too old for this task

Not sure if there is an Android/browser difference between CT45 and CT60 XP. Ask a retailer or better try it out.
I am not using API from the hardware for the barcode scanner. It's just acting as a keyboard and can be configured to add a <cr> after a barcode is read. If the cursor is in a barcode edit field, you can process the barcode client or server side.
About the printers: Do you mean the default printer of the handheld? I don't know if there is one. If you mean the default printer on the server side, that is possible but not of much use. It would be the default printer of the windows account the Intraweb service is running in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intraweb and Honeywell CT45 handhels - by jeroen.rottink - 07-22-2024, 07:37 AM