Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IdFTP.ConnectTimeout error
after upgrading Indy to latest version 10.6, I receive the following EReadError:
"Error on reading from IdFTP.ConnectTimeout: Property ConnectTimeout does not exist."

I installed Indy several times strictly according to this site:
http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/...on.de.aspx

The error occurs even in a fresh project where IdFTP is the only component without one line of code.
Assigning IdFTP.ConnectTimeout a different then the default value 0 is to no avail.

I am using Delphi XE2 and accordingly installed the "160" dpk files.
Both "Indy 10 Core" and "Protocoll" show with correct number (160) in "Installed packages"

Any ideas? Huh
(09-03-2018, 09:12 AM)Steffen Wrote: after upgrading Indy to latest version 10.6, I receive the following EReadError:
"Error on reading from IdFTP.ConnectTimeout: Property ConnectTimeout does not exist."

The error occurs even in a fresh project where IdFTP is the only component without one line of code.

Can't reproduce. The ConnectTimeout property definitely exists in TIdFTP (it is public in TIdTCPClientCustom, but TIdFTP promotes it to published). Make sure you don't still have an older version of Indy lingering on your system that may be getting found by the compiler instead of the latest version.

Verify if there are old .dcu or .pas files from old Indy versions in your path. Delete them and clean rebuild everything.