Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW15 64bit deployment
(10-17-2018, 08:31 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Please update to 15.0.14 so you can use new zlib object files which shouldn't contain any AVX/AVX2 instructions. We ran an extensive testing using Intel and AMD processors which don't support AVX/AVX2 instruction set and everything worked as expected.
When using Cloudflare zlib branch, SSE 4.2 is required. As I mentioned before, I honestly don't believe that a production server (nor a dev machine) nowadays will not support SSE 4.2, having in mind that most processors released after 2008 support it.
When Cloudflare zlib is used, IntraWeb will detect SSE 4.2 instruction set support and disable zlib compression automatically, if support is not present. A warning will be logged to application log file. This prevents application crash. Usage of a different branch/zlib version for such cases is discarded for now once we think that this will be extremely rare in practice, if it ever occurs.

Thanks for the fix, i agree with you that support for SSE4.2 is a reasonable expectation for deployment on a production server and for development machines too. 
However I know people are still running productions server that don't support AVX/AVX2 yet, but I'd imagine that they will update their hardware over the next year or two.
Thanks for quick response. Smile

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature.