Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intraweb and Honeywell CT45 handhels
I had a subscription to IntraWeb 14 Ultimate Edition several years ago. I developed an industrial application with success. 
Now I'm evaluating the new version 15 to develop a new project.
This project is relatively simple: uses SQL server to store info about products and let the user to print labels to a Zebra printer in several client locations....
My question is: as we are using Honeywell CT45 handheld's browser to run the web application and read a barcode for the product and then print the corresponding label, will IntraWeb interface with the barcode reader of the handheld computer?
https://sps.honeywell.com/us/en/products...#resources
I suppose IntraWeb can interface with the bowser printers.
Any one had developed an IntraWeb web application using this type of handhelds?
Kind Regards 
Francisco Alvarado
Hi Francisco,

I use several Honeywell CT60 XP handhelds in a IntraWeb project. Using the barcode scanner, taking photo's and printing barcodes. All in an Intraweb app. The printing is done via the IntraWeb service in the backend. So it's just using the standard print using Windows and in my case ReportBuilder. The user can also request output via pdf that is stored or viewed on the handheld. Not sure what you mean with 'can interface with the browser printers'.
The CT60 is just a Android device with internet browser.
(07-12-2024, 11:09 AM)jeroen.rottink Wrote: Hi Francisco,

I use several Honeywell CT60 XP handhelds in a IntraWeb project. Using the barcode scanner, taking photo's and printing barcodes. All in an Intraweb app. The printing is done via the IntraWeb service in the backend. So it's just using the standard print using Windows and in my case ReportBuilder. The user can also request output via pdf that is stored or viewed on the handheld. Not sure what you mean with 'can interface with the browser printers'.

Hi!

What do you mean "The printing is done via the IntraWeb service in the backend"?
(07-12-2024, 02:30 PM)Rolphy Reyes Wrote: Hi!

What do you mean "The printing is done via the IntraWeb service in the backend"?

When the user presses a print button on the web page he is presented a dialog to choose to print the report to one of the printers in the production facility or to send the output as a pdf back to the browser. When he chooses to print the report, the Intraweb service is printing the report directly to the printer. So the printer has to be reachable by the server running the IntraWeb application.
The browser is not sending the printjob to a printer.

Thank you, Jeroen!
But is there a way to use a default printer instead of the user having to select one printer?
Also, are you using some APIs from HW to call the barcode scanner in the handheld?

I'll suggest to my client to upgrade to the newer model CT60 XP in case the model CT45 are too old for this task
(07-19-2024, 11:50 PM)FAlvarado Wrote:

Thank you, Jeroen!
But is there a way to use a default printer instead of the user having to select one printer?
Also, are you using some APIs from HW to call the barcode scanner in the handheld?

I'll suggest to my client to upgrade to the newer model CT60 XP in case the model CT45 are too old for this task

Not sure if there is an Android/browser difference between CT45 and CT60 XP. Ask a retailer or better try it out.
I am not using API from the hardware for the barcode scanner. It's just acting as a keyboard and can be configured to add a <cr> after a barcode is read. If the cursor is in a barcode edit field, you can process the barcode client or server side.
About the printers: Do you mean the default printer of the handheld? I don't know if there is one. If you mean the default printer on the server side, that is possible but not of much use. It would be the default printer of the windows account the Intraweb service is running in.