Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reading assession.request.pathinfo error
Hello
I am migrating a couple  apps from 

IW 14.2.7 to IW 15.2.55.  both use 3rd party CGDevtools components.

First app recompiled and works great.  Second app has an app violation and I have isolated it down to a a line that of code not in first app.

TIWServerController.IWServerControllerBaseBrowserCheck(  aSession: TIWApplication; var rBrowser: TBrowser);
var s0 :  String;
begin
  s0 := asession.Request.PathInfo;

This code works and allows me to check path info in IW14 no problem.  

In IW15 any idea as to what I am doing wrong here.  I check browser and client info as part of security and also use as part of process to ignore load balancer health checks and closed.

I tried this on a test VM with latest IW 15 version and same. Throws access violation. So what is best way to access the request information when new session is created?

Thanks.
Apparently, since version 15.2.20, you have to set

ServerController.SessionOptions.BrowserCheckBeforeNewSession to FALSE

(found this in the help file).

Cheers, Paul
(05-22-2024, 07:34 AM)PaulWeem Wrote: Apparently, since version 15.2.20, you have to set

ServerController.SessionOptions.BrowserCheckBeforeNewSession to FALSE

(found this in the help file).

Cheers, Paul

Thanks!  I put that issue aside for a while to solve some other non IW issue.  I have not looked a the help file in a while.  I will spend some time reviewing the various changes in version updats to look for other things i should be aware of Smile .
Hi Lou,

Paul is correct if you want to keep the source as it is.

But I definitely would recommend setting

ServerController.SessionOptions.BrowserCheckBeforeNewSession = True

You just need to check if aSession is assigned.

In most ServerController events where a TIWApplication instance is passed as a parameter is a good rule of thumb to check for an assigned aSession parameter before doing anything with it. Some events guarantee to have a valid session, but others don't. That's the case with Browser check event.

and change the code.