Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IntraWeb versus ASP.NET: A performance comparison
I believe you guys will like this new comparison that I've just published (except if you are not using IntraWeb, of course)  Big Grin

https://www.atozed.com/2024/01/intraweb-versus-aspnet/

Bottom line is:

IntraWeb throughput is 5x higher
IntraWeb memory consumption is 22x lower

The numbers speak for themselves. The code and the test plan are both published and the link can be found in the article.

Enjoy!
Interresting results, although the test is not really fair, because you are using Net framework 4.7. That is a very old framework, you should really test against net 8(core). It would be really interresting to se if the result are the same when using that.
(01-28-2024, 06:57 AM)westereng Wrote: Interresting results, although the test is not really fair, because you are using Net framework 4.7. That is a very old framework, you should really test against net 8(core). It would be really interresting to se if the result are the same when using that.

You really believe that .NET core is 5 times faster thatn .NET Framework?

The day I have some spare time I'll run another test. Let's see what will be the excuse then  Big Grin
I agree with Westereng!

Performance Improvements in .NET 8 - .NET Blog (microsoft.com)
Ok, I bit the bullet.

Have another look. Indeed, .NET Core is much faster. But still, not even close.  Tongue
(01-28-2024, 11:54 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Ok, I bit the bullet.

Have another look. Indeed, .NET Core is much faster. But still, not even close.  Tongue

That is VERY good news Smile Smile
We just need to get the new memory managers also working for C++ Builder, so all IW/C++ devs can also enjoy more performance