Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recent breaking change
Just noticed that with the latest IW versions, in the spot in my code where I need to bump up session timeout mid-flight, it no longer works:

"SessionOptions.SessionTimeout is locked. Suggestion: Set in ServerController OnConfig event instead."

This suggestion does not work for me, because I typically set the timeout small up-front, in ServerController OnConfig event, but then later in this case I need to prompt the user and so I need to increase it. Or I could do it the other way around: make it long up-front and then shorten it later in all other cases.

Can it be restored back to how it was before, please?
Photo 
Did a quick search on the help file and this looks to be a solution:

[Image: clip0007.png]
But that's exactly the thing: you can no longer change its value. I was actually setting one and not the other one, because the other one did not work for me before.

I'll try the other one now... [Edited] Ok, it worked, not an issue for me any longer, thanks!
Yes, this was a kind of a "fix". Some properties have been historically "open" to be changed during application life cycle, but it actually shouldn't (because 2 threads shouldn't be updateing values concurrently).

So, you can change the WebApplication.SessionTimeout value individually, but you can't set the global SeverController.SessionTimoue after the applicaiton has started (you still can set it during OnConfig event of ServerController)