Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWSelect - What is the trick
Hi @all,

An IWSelect with SelectOption soServerSide works fine.

But how to set an initial/default item?

I tried with IWSelect.ItemIndex := IWSelect.Items.Add(AText) but without success.

Anyone has an solution for this?!

Thanks for hints in advance!
The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
If it is set to use soServerSide it means that it will be rendered empty and the user must provide at least X chars before populating the list.

Seems to me that server side is not compatible with an initial value (because the list contains none). Can you explain your requirements a little better? Why do you think that it should have a default value?
(10-31-2023, 07:36 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: If it is set to use soServerSide it means that it will be rendered empty and the user must provide at least X chars before populating the list.

Seems to me that server side is not compatible with an initial value (because the list contains none). Can you explain your requirements a little better? Why do you think that it should have a default value?

Thanks for response!

You have a page on which an address is displayed or should be recorded.
There are thousands of zip codes.
The user selects a postal code with IWSelect and then selects the city and street based on this. So far so good.

After saving the address, he realizes that he has made a mistake (e.g. wrong street).
For the purpose of correction, the recorded address (including postal code) should be displayed again.

And that is not possible with IWSelect because the previously selected zip code cannot be displayed.
This scenario is not a problem with IWComboBox.
However, ALL postal codes would then have to be listed. Not really performant and therefore unrealistic.

In other words:
To correct a value that is based on the zip code, the zip code must be selected again.
Not very user friendly.
The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
I'll play with it a little and get back to you.

Cheers
(11-02-2023, 04:53 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I'll play with it a little and get back to you.

Cheers

THX ... would be great if your playing find a solution!
This feature has been implemented in our code base + a few more things that will allow you to set the initial value of any IWSelect control, even if using it with server side lists.

The new feature will be available in the next IW release.

Cheers,
(11-19-2023, 07:38 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: This feature has been implemented in our code base + a few more things that will allow you to set the initial value of any IWSelect control, even if using it with server side lists.

Cheers,

Super  Smile

Cheers, have a nice day
(11-19-2023, 07:38 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: This feature has been implemented in our code base + a few more things that will allow you to set the initial value of any IWSelect control, even if using it with server side lists.

Cheers,

THX for implementation: It works fine as expected!

BUT: Is it correct that some properties have no effect? For example Font.Color, FocusColor and TabOrder.

BTW: How can the texts be adapted?