Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taborder problem on 15.2.32 and D10.4.2
Hi All,

I recently updated Delphi to 10.4.2 and installed IW 15.2.32 and recompiled some of my programs. The compilation runs without problems, but when running the program, I have a problem with the taborder:

When a form is displayed, the cursor is in the component with taborder 0. In this case IWEdit1. When pressing the tab key, the cursor jumps outside the form, onto the other elements of the browser, instead of jumping to the component with taborder 1 inside the form. It's the same for all of the  browsers I have tested (Edge, Chrome, Cliqz and Firefox). To get to the component with taborder 1, I have to use the mouse.

From the component with taborder 1, to the following, the tab key then reacts as expected, all the way round until it again is in the component with taborder 0.

Also, backtab (shift-tab) works as usual, for all components, also the one with taborder 0.

Have anybody experienced something similar, and if, what did you do to solve the problem.

Regards
Soren
Can you please provide an overview of which and how your controls are disposed?

can you provide a minimal test case showing this issue?

Other than that, I suggest that you have a look at this blog post that explains how and why the TabOrder control mechanism in IntraWeb has been modified.

https://www.atozed.com/2020/08/a-tale-of-tab-order/

Please let me know if it helps.

PS: If you can't figure out a way to just "make it work", try to use the IWForm's new property TabOrderTreshold to disable the rendering of the TabIndex attribute of the HTML elements in your page. Set it to a very high value (let's say 100000) so it will effectively disable the tab order attributes of all controls in your form. The end result is that the browser will figure out the tab order for you based on the position of elements. In general, this works well for most cases.