Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New IW 15 features
One of our customers asked me for a list containing all new things introduced since we moved from version 14 to 15.

To be honest, we didn't have this list. It is simply too long. But I decided to compile such a list. I'm excluding somethings that I consider "minor".

If you are using IW 14, you definitely need to read this!

Warning: Reading this list can take a good part of your day.

I'm keeping each point short. Some parts contain personal comments (in parenthesis):

1. New Http.sys application type. (Http.sys is huge. Creating it from scratch using 100% of our own code was big and rewarding).
  2. IW Bootstrap is now included with IntraWeb
  3. New zlib library. IW zlib is based on zlib Cloudflare code base and is more than 8x faster than Delphi XE7 zlib. (playing with pure-C code like this was the funniest thing I've done in programming in a long time and it was extremely rewarding)
  4. New TIWTemplateParserHTML. Template parsing and processing is more than 300% faster than IW 14 version. (the old template had some die-hard bugs. The new code is so simple and performs so well...)
  5. Removed /$/ (Exec command) from URL in browser (yes, we didn't like it, so it's gone)
  6. LockSessionTimeout property in ServerController. (some people don't know how important this is)
  7. New feature CheckWindowId which allows applications to detect when a link to a valid IW application session is used in another browser tab (If you don't know what this does, then it's my fault)
  8. TIWGrid and descendants now render <thead> and <tbody> (every TIWGrid is basically a style-less DataTable)
  9. ISAPI applications now allow redirection from HTTP to HTTPS (have you tried to do it yourself in IIS?)
  10. ServerController Options Wizard (you can save and restore ServerController properties both at runtime and design time)
  11. Content Security Policy (CSP) support. (this was major. Hundreds of parts of our code needed to be rewritten - and rethought - to be CSP compliant)
  12. Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) support
  13. Callback function infrastructure was completely refactored. (Nice to have anonymous functions as callbacks)
  14. New advanced lock-free data structures used for session control. (Have never written so many unit tests in my whole life. I believe is the most challenging part of programming that I've dealt with)
  15. New start-up/loading code is used when starting a new session. (yes, this was great. IW 15 needs 2 round-trips less than IW 14)
  16. New property ServerController.BlockedDocExtensions (security, security, security!)
  17. Full AJAX (Async) render capability. (No need to tell you how this is important, right)
  18. New security feature, IP access table (security, security, security!)
  19. New TIWVideo control
  20. New components IWjQGrid and IWjQDBGrid
  21. New tool “IntraWeb Certificate Manager” (yes, even the competitors download IntraWeb and use this tool)
  22. New TabOrder editor/logic
  23. New IWRecaptcha component
  24. New IWSelect component based on JQuery Select2
  25. New IWjQAccordion and IWjQPageControl
  26. New unit/class IW.HTTP.IndyClient/TIWHTTPClient which simplifies communication tasks like sending HTTP requests to other services/applications (GET and POST, both in HTTP and HTTPS).
  27. New class TIWTelegram. (man, this is simple and effective. 100% based on (26) above.
  28. New component IWIPGeolocationClient (more security, security, security!)
  29. New property “DelayKeyEvents” for TIWEdit, TIWDBEdit, TIWMemo, TIWDBMemo. (Similar created with IWImage mouse events).
  30. Content Handlers: allow registration of a “catch-all” content handler
  31. New Session's TIWClipboard property (very handy. Not well known yet by IW programmers)
  32. New class properties LocalJavaScriptFolder and LocalStyleFolder in TIWjQPageControl, TIWjQAccordion, TIWjQGrid , allow customization of file location
  33. New property Image in TIWLink and TIWURL, allows links to be rendered with associated imageNew control TIWLabelEx, an extended version of IWLabel with image
  34. New property ThemeColor
  35. DelayMouseMoveEvents added to TIWImage, TIWImageFile
  36. New feature allows IW applications to automatically block sessions created from within other pages (IW application running inside IFrame)
  37. New version of IWBackIntercept.js which handles the back button blocking feature
  38. New component: TIWChartJS: the IntraWeb implementation of the famous ChartJS component library
  39. New component: TIWCanvas: HTML 5 canvas implementation that allows you to draw anything on the browser page (works very similarly to the VCL Canvas object, with similar methods)
  40. New component: TIWSignaturePad control: allows users to draw smooth signatures on the page surface using a pointing device
  41. IWjQAccordion, IWjQGrid, IWjQDBGrid, IWjQPageControl, IWChartJS and IWSignaturePad will download required content files (all required JS and CSS files) directly into the wwwroot folder

Enjoy!  Big Grin
That is an awesome list.
And XV improves stability!
In attachment our numbers without outages!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great list! Thanks for sharing!
From version 15.3.0 we have:

42. New property LockedSessionNoContentResponse in ServerController.SessionOptions
43. Two new built-in exception templates: Unsupported browser and 401
44. jQuery 3.6.4
45. Streaming (partial responses)
46. Microsoft Azure, Google and Facebook OAuth 2.0 authentication APIs
47. New template cache
48. New controls: TIWImageLoader, TIWDownloadButton and TIWDownloadLink.
49. New styles for TIWCheckBox

More to come soon