Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some problems with some events of some components
(05-04-2023, 03:01 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: @Blanca80

I tested your application and I couldn't find anything wrong with it, other than it is using ShowMessage() in OnAsyncExit and OnAsyncChange events.

I don't think the misbehavior here is caused by method/event overlapping. When the OnAsyncExit event triggers because you clicked on the button, all events related to the IWEdit are handled. The browser will send a request, it will receive a response and the response will popup a window (the message box) which is really an anti-pattern, not only in the web but also in Windows development (Microsoft Windows development guidelines, long ago, already recommended to never switch focus to any other popup window when moving from one control to another).

The browser doesn't trigger the button onclick event at all in some (all?) cases here and there is nothing that IW can do. The OnAsyncChange event is exactly the same (onchange is a "specialized" case of onexit)

I took the liberty to change your test case application and use a Memo to log the events instead of popping up and everything works correctly, in the order that it should happen.

Please have a look and let me know.
Blanca80

hello Alexandre, 
i was wrong supposing that it was event overlapping. Sorry. We found the problem that forces to repeat the click on the button war caused by the image property webfontclass. Sometimes raises an span error  but we've already solved avoiding the image on the button that we don't need it for the moment.  
Thank you very much.
Great @Blanca80, thanks for your feedback