Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation
Hello,

I am looking for documentations for indy. I want to develop a client + server FTP and I need somes infos.

Links available on the website are down.

Does anyone some infos or documentations ?

Regards
(04-22-2021, 11:33 AM)lefjucabro Wrote: Links available on the website are down.

See this blog article:
Links to old Indy website pages are currently broken
Which includes links to some alternative sites for downloads.

(04-22-2021, 05:19 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:33 AM)lefjucabro Wrote: Links available on the website are down.

See this blog article:
Links to old Indy website pages are currently broken
Which includes links to some alternative sites for downloads.

Thanks you.
Didn't check the blog...
HI

Both links are not available
Where the documentation is available

Thankyou
(06-07-2021, 09:23 AM)jtremblet Wrote: Both links are not available

That is not good. They were working fine the last time I checked. Hopefully it is just a temporary outage.

(06-07-2021, 09:23 AM)jtremblet Wrote: Where the documentation is available

Nowhere official. If you go to https://web.archive.org/web/202007290011...ex.EN.aspx (the last archived version of the documentation downloads page), various download links appear to be working (ie, the download files were archived).

I think they mean the .zip files. They dont appear to be stored on the webarchive. I can give you FTP access if you can pull them from the spidered files to upload to the new site.
(06-08-2021, 12:06 AM)kudzu Wrote: I think they mean the .zip files. They dont appear to be stored on the webarchive.

Are you sure about that? If I go to https://web.archive.org/web/202007290011...ex.EN.aspx and click on various download links, they work (ie, the files were archived).

(06-08-2021, 12:06 AM)kudzu Wrote: I can give you FTP access if you can pull them from the spidered files to upload to the new site.

Ummm... Houston, we have a problem. I don't see any documentation-related files (.zip, .7z, or .tgz) in the spidered files at all! Only the "ww2.indyproject.org" site was spidered, and the download links did not point at that site, but to the main "www.indyproject.org" site. But those files no longer exist on that site. So, we may have just lost our docs! We'll likely have to go through the web archive and grab the last version of any files that were archived. That, or re-write the docs from scratch.

The above link is now working
Correction : not all link work
Windows link .zip is OK not .7z

Thankyou
Remy surely someone has archives/copies...? Put the call out?
Any news on the doc ?

I am using RAD Studio XE2 and have Indy 10.5.8.0
Would like to update to Indy 10.6

Edit: I guess I need to de-install Indy 10.5.8.0 first. 
How to do to be sure that there are no leftovers (which could cause problems with the new 10.6) ?

Edit2: In order to put out the call, what was the latest version of documentation ?

Edit3:
I got helpfiles (for Indy 10.5.8.3):
Indy10.HxS (approx 20 MByte) and Indy10.HxI (~ 2.5 MB)
Should I upload them ?

These are Microsoft compiled Help files and can be viewed with H2viewer_install_147 downloadable here:
https://www.helpwaregroup.com/download

Wolfgang