Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIdTCPClient on Linux in Delphi 10.2
Hi guys, I'm having problems with RemObjects Remoting SDK TROSuperTCPChannel which uses TIdTCPClient to communicate.

When setting active = false -> disconnect or destroying the component which does the same thing, there is a 20-30 second delay before the destruction completes.
This doesn't occur with Delphi under Windows 32 or 64bit.

The issue is occurring on Centos 7 64bit in may case, I haven't tested other linux builds at this time.

I've tested identical code in Lazarus with Synapse and don't have any delays destroying their components that have connected to the same server.

I'm just wondering whether you can test TIdTCPClient running on Centos 7 64bit through a Delphi console app connecting to a Windows TIdTCPServer server on a delphi console app and see if you get the same issue or can see/suggest what might be causing it...
(04-27-2018, 10:10 AM)hsvandrew Wrote: When setting active = false -> disconnect or destroying the component which does the same thing, there is a 20-30 second delay before the destruction completes.

Have you tried debugging into Indy's source code to find where the delay is actually occurring? Are there any event handlers assigned to the TIdTCPClient? Are you using the TIdTCPClient across thread boundaries? Are you absolutely sure the delay is in Indy and not in RemObjects?

(04-27-2018, 10:10 AM)hsvandrew Wrote: I'm just wondering whether you can test TIdTCPClient running on Centos 7 64bit

I cannot. I don't have access to such a system.