Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW 15.1.5.RC7
Alex and Big K!

THIS STILL IS NOT FIXED IN 15.1.7!

I SENT A DEMO SHOWING THE PROBLEM. THE CODE I SENT WORKS IN ALL VERSIONS 15.0.24 AND BEFORE.

PLEASE FIX.

Shane
hi Shane,

Yes, you did. Unfortunately IWBS things require an extremely long time to test and we needed to get out a new version which fixed urgent stuff, including integration with other 3rd party controls, like CG Dev Tools.

I didn't forget the issue.
(10-24-2019, 10:46 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: hi Shane,

Yes, you did. Unfortunately IWBS things require an extremely long time to test and we needed to get out a new version which fixed urgent stuff, including integration with other 3rd party controls, like CG Dev Tools.

I didn't forget the issue.
Howdy Alexandre!

Thanks for the response .... you know the funny thing, I abandoned using third party controls to remove the potential incompatibilities with new versions of IW!

Have a good weekend,

Shane
Please check the response for your test case issue in your e-mail. Basically, if you move your Registration callback code from the Form's constructor to the form's OnCreate event it will work. We are changing things so you will be able to run your code as is, but it will take a few days and a new update.
Registering callbacks in form's constructor is kind of common in C++ but extremely rare in Delphi. That's why I guess I never found such a problem in a Delphi project.

Cheers
(10-31-2019, 08:43 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Please check the response for your test case issue in your e-mail. Basically, if you move your Registration callback code from the Form's constructor to the form's OnCreate event it will work. We are changing things so you will be able to run your code as is, but it will take a few days and a new update.
Registering callbacks in form's constructor is kind of common in C++ but extremely rare in Delphi. That's why I guess I never found such a problem in a Delphi project.

Cheers
Howdy Alexandre!

I will have to wait for the fix.

The problem with C++ users using a IWAppForm's OnCreate() event is that it occurs BEFORE the objects constructor and thus instance variables are undefined.

All the best,

Shane
(10-31-2019, 05:40 PM)ShaneStump Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 08:43 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Please check the response for your test case issue in your e-mail. Basically, if you move your Registration callback code from the Form's constructor to the form's OnCreate event it will work. We are changing things so you will be able to run your code as is, but it will take a few days and a new update.

Cheers
Howdy Alexandre!

I will have to wait for the fix.

The problem with C++ users using a IWAppForm's OnCreate() event is that it occurs BEFORE the objects constructor and thus instance variables are undefined.

All the best,

Shane
Howdy Alexandre!

Any update on this?

All the best,

Shane
Preparing the new release. Should take 1-2 days.
Howdy Alexandre!

I just got back from a business trip and tried the new version!

All is working fine again!

Thanks a lot!

All the best,

Shane