Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Decimation in ChartJS
(02-26-2024, 11:32 PM)iwuser Wrote: The provided example is very simplistic: you give the chart 10 values and 10 / matching number of  labels and that's it.

What do I do if I have a very long list of frequent readings for a small number of hours or days? - how can I stuff all these values into the chart and only have 24 hour labels? Or 7 days worth of labels? And possibly decimate it as well? My "X" values for the data points is in Unix time format - seconds from something in the past, or I can make it TDateTime instead, but I would want the few shown labels to refer to around the current time / date.

Also, if I have gaps in this data, I want it shown as a broken line - - - - - or something. Hopefully automatically, without actually looking for any gaps in the Delphi code.

It looks like ChartJS supports both, but I could not figure out how to feed this into the TIWChartJS component, hope you can help...

Alexandre, this decimation in ChartJS is described on some pages as "plug-in". Does it mean you would need to specifically implement some additional code to support it? Or can it be leveraged with it as it is? And if yes, how?

Messages In This Thread
Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 02-26-2024, 11:32 PM
RE: Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 02-28-2024, 03:42 PM
RE: Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 03-01-2024, 12:11 PM
RE: Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 03-02-2024, 03:53 PM
RE: Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 03-09-2024, 10:31 PM
RE: Data Decimation in ChartJS - by iwuser - 04-22-2024, 06:51 AM