Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not load SSL library
(12-08-2020, 08:35 PM)rlebeau Wrote: It depends.  I've seen reports where using OpenSSL libs works fine on some Android6+ devices, and I've seen reports where they don't work because Android pre-loads BoringSSL at startup which causes blockage of OpenSSL libs.

Can you point me to some articles or links that shows how to do it or even test. I am working on a big project that should work on desktop and mobile phones using the same http clients. And this been driving me crazy for some time and I am not good with delphi to write or even modify existing ones to my preferences. I want to use indy because I can track progress of any download/upload operations and that I can cancel that operation in the middle of it. But because of indy SSL problems on android I can't use it. On the other hand TNetHTTPClient/Request components works with native http from the OS so they use BoringSSL by default but they don't support any of Indy nice features for tracking progress or canceling a request. And I am still using C++ Builder Berlin and I have to make this work somehow and I still can't decide which one to use or if their another third party lib that work better than both. 

I found a class inherited from TFileStream called TProgressFileStream and that solves the progress issue but still can't find a way to cancel the request on berlin. They have cancel in newer versions but they are unstable and can't be used at all for us at work. 

So if you please help me with some steps to achieve anything regarding this issue that will be great because this issue is really a show stopper for me. What I mean what version of openssl libs that works with android 6+ how can I load them into the app. I never done it manually I always use indy SSL components.
Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Could not load SSL library - by alpires2000 - 11-10-2020, 11:46 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by rlebeau - 11-11-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by dfe.prado - 12-07-2020, 07:56 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by rlebeau - 12-07-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by dfe.prado - 12-08-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by Ahmed Sayed - 12-08-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by dfe.prado - 12-08-2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by rlebeau - 12-08-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by Ahmed Sayed - 12-17-2020, 01:47 AM
RE: Could not load SSL library - by rlebeau - 12-17-2020, 07:05 PM