Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you think to use Cosmos in future?
(03-28-2018, 09:20 PM)Arawn-Davies Wrote: As for the retro-style emulation, I remember someone making a MOS 6502 emulator, that specifically targeted Cosmos
I've no idea whether it worked when it was actively being developed, but it certainly does look good for ideas.

Interesting! It could be a first pass to have a Vic 20 o C=64 emulator.

(03-28-2018, 09:20 PM)Arawn-Davies Wrote: Me and valentinbreiz got a load of ye olde Cosmos projects from the Codeplex Archives and copied em to GitHub so it's all easier to see.

Good initiative, all that code would risk to be lost if in future Codeplex will be closed.

I think is yet premature to think to emulate a C=64 now, Cosmos needs to get a good optimizer compiler before, emulation is probably one of the most difficult task.
To emulate a SNES in particular with all his accelerator cards should a really complex task (ever seen Mario RPG? A game that graphically was near PSX!).

The other my "dream" of doing a... Dreambox using Cosmos will be to find collaborative hardware developers: it will not be really Cosmos to decode MPEG2, H264 and H265 but an acceleration card (GPU?) but to write the driver we need documentation (I have no problem to accept binary proprietaries blobs if they are working correctly, I have not the philosophical restrains of the GPL community).

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you think to use Cosmos in future? - by fanoI - 03-29-2018, 07:51 AM