Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected TCPServer thread won't terminate
I'm having an issue trying to terminate Indy threads from rogue connections on my game server's TCP port which I use for a WebSocket connection. In the OnConnect event I read headers required to establish a valid websocket and I have ReadTimeout set to 10000 so it doesn't get stuck there from bots that are just probing the port. If I get valid headers I assign an object to AContext.Data, otherwise I just Exit and disconnect them in the OnExecute event. I use madExcept's NameThread command along to way to track the progress of the connection. Here is my OnExecute event:

Code:
class procedure WSServerEvents.OnExecute(AContext: TIdContext);
var st: string;
begin
  Sleep(10);  // prevent CPU max
  try
    if Assigned(AContext.Data) = False then
    begin
      MadExcept.NameThread(GetCurrentThreadID, 'WebSocket Rogue (' + AContext.Binding.PeerIP + ')');
      AContext.Connection.Disconnect;  // rogue connection
    end else
    begin
      if TConnectRec(AContext.Data).isAdmin then AdminSessionExecute(AContext)
      else PlayerSessionExecute(AContext);
    end;
  except
    on E: Exception do
    begin
      if E is EIdException then raise else
      begin
        LogData.AddError('WSServerExecute error: ' + E.Message);
        st := StringReplace(madExcept.GetCrashStackTrace, #13#10, ' - ', [rfReplaceAll]);
        LogData.AddError('WSServerExecute stack trace: ' + st);
        raise;
      end;
    end;
  end;
end;

Notice I update the thread name right before disconnecting.  And they do disconnect because when I run TCPView on my server, no one is connected to me. But those rogue threads never terminate and they build up over time and never stop unless I take the game server offline. And I know they don't terminate because my app has a function that retrieves all the live threads assigned to my app. I then use madExcept's GetThreadName command to get the names I assigned to them. Here's what that looks like:

Most of those IPs are from Russia. Why are these threads not terminating after the disconnect?

By the way, this is my OnDisconnect event, which should just Exit immediately for these rogue connections:

Code:
class procedure WSServerEvents.OnDisconnect(AContext: TIdContext);
begin
  if Assigned(AContext.Data) = False then Exit;
  try
    if TConnectRec(AContext.Data).isAdmin then AdminSessionDisconnect(AContext)
    else PlayerSessionDisconnect(AContext);
  except
    on E: Exception do
    begin
      if E is EIdException then raise else
      begin
        LogData.AddError('WSServerDisconnect error: ' + E.Message);
        raise;
      end;
    end;
  end;
end;

Messages In This Thread
Disconnected TCPServer thread won't terminate - by kbriggs - 04-17-2022, 02:37 AM