Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand Alone service limit on Windows Server 2012r2?
We've been using Intraweb 14.1.13 for quite a while (I'm currently updating to 15), and we've run into some sort of hard limit on our AWS windows server on how many intraweb stand alone services we can run at the same time. Our customers are insurance agencies. We run a web application for them as a stand alone Intraweb service for each of our agencies. We run these on Amazon AWS windows server 2012 r2 ec2 instances. Each service connects to it's own database on an MS SQL 2014 community instance on the same server. Right now, memory is only at 57%, CPU never gets higher than 20%, plenty of empty diskspace. I can run 68 Intraweb services at once. When I add a new service for a new customer and try to start it, I get "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start of control request in a timely fashion.". If I stop a currently running service, then I can start the new one. I created two Intraweb 'Hello World' services, one with version 14, and one with our new 15 version using Http.sys. I get the same result with those. With 68 services running, I can't start the Hello World service unless I stop a currently running service. However, I can start any other NON intraweb service. I have created a number of .Net services for various purposes on those servers and can start any number of them without problems.  

Does anyone else deploy their applications in this manner? (individual stand alone service per customer) Has anyone else run into this? The server has the resources to handle running quite a few more services. We have several AWS instances in different regions and I've run into this on three different servers.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this crazy problem. Maybe I'm crazy, I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Stand Alone service limit on Windows Server 2012r2? - by robAgencySoftware - 08-05-2021, 04:18 PM