Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Alexandre: Regarding Datamodules and DB components
(02-11-2020, 03:51 AM)MrSpock Wrote: Soren,

after making about fifty applications I have an experience that I will always get a bug on finishing coding but I also know, they are usually small bugs and can find them within an hour. Instead of panicking, you should have created a copy of all your source files for testing and that way you would not have had to waste time and effort to move components back to their previous positions.

Regards
Mariusz
One word:  Subversion.

I've been through several version control systems but have relied on them since the DOS days using PVCS.  Heck, I still have a server named Starteam (though we don't use ST any more).  Reverting to previous code is trivial.  I've also tied to a good compare utility to see changes between any two versions.  I've been on UltraCompare for that for some years now.

I don't mean to start a debate on the best VCS, just saying find a good one and use it religiously.  It will save you way more time than it takes to use.

Dan

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Alexandre: Regarding Datamodules and DB components - by DanBarclay - 02-11-2020, 04:39 AM