Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWDataModulePool
Hi,

is there a way to decrease the pool count? Sometimes my poolsize goes up to 50 running Datamodules.  That's working, but how to decrease? If you have 4 servers in parallel and all goes up to 50 sessions i have all the day 200 runnings database connections.

Thanks you for a hint

Sven
Greetings
Sven
Hi Sven,

currently the IWDataModulePool cannot release connections. I suspect that you set the PoolSize to a lower number (say, the default, 20 connections) and GrowToSize to a greater number (e.g. 50) and AutoGrow is set to True, is that correct?

It would be interesting to release the aditional connections created due to the AutoGrow property is set.. is that your goal?
Yes, may be controlled by a timer (like FireDac is doing it). Currently I split it into two Pools. One big one full features and a new one small and lightning one for very fast processes like create an image or create json data. The big one killed me in the past very often because my available memory goes down to 0 MB. A BeforeUnlockHandler would be nice, to free own data, which is not longer needed.

Currently the spilitting in different datapools for fat or lighting processes seems to be a good way.

Here you can see two pools: A pool counter (fat) and a json-Poolcounter(lightning).
https://sepla.intercongress.de/0/monitordb

Doing this way also helps to avoid increasing the pools (due to Faster response it is more unlikeley that you need a seconds datamodule)

Also an onRestoreHandler would be nice (for setting up the datamodule with default values)
Greetings
Sven
Hi Sven,

I see. I'll add your suggestions to our backlog and see how it goes.

Thanks for the info :-)

Cheers
We have introduced many (I think all + more) of your suggestions.

Next release will bring more stuff to the DataModule pool.

Stay tunned!
Thank you very much!
Greetings
Sven